Preparation: 10 min. Cooking: 35 min.
Total: 45 min.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, more for serving
- 1/2 cup onions, minced
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 4 hoagy sandwich buns
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, hot
- 1/2 cup sweet pickles, sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine first 7 ingredients and salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl. Form mixture into meatballs 1 in. in diameter. Arrange meatballs in an oiled glass baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes or until meat is cooked throughout. Arrange meatballs (corpse) on buns (bones), sprinkle with mozzarella (maggots) and pour hot spaghetti sauce (blood) over top. Add pickles and sprinkle with Parmesan before serving.