Summer Squash Soup
Preparation: 15 min. Cooking: 10 min.
Total: 25 min.
- 2 cups plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butteror margarine
- 2 summer squash, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 3 Tbsp dry sherryor chicken stock
- 3/4 tsp dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
Combine yogurt and milk in a bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use. Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté squash, onion and carrot 3 minutes. Stir in sherry. Cover and simmer 6-7 minutes or until squash is tender. Purée vegetables, dill, and stock in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and cool at least 10 minutes. Stir in yogurt-milk and freeze 15 minutes.