Spinach Salad with Marinated Vegetables
Preparation: 15 min. Cooking: 15 min.
Total: 30 min.
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, fresh or thawed frozen
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 asparagus spears, sliced on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces
- 14 oz quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1/2 cup fat-free red wine vinegar dressing, or Italian dressing
- 4 slices white or sourdough bread, with crust cut off and bread sliced into bite-sized cubes
- 5-1/3 cups spinach leaves, sliced into bite-sized pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Steam or microwave together cauliflower, mushrooms, and asparagus until asparagus is tender-crisp. Place in a medium bowl with artichoke hearts and toss with 3 Tbsp dressing. Cover and refrigerate.
Spread bread cubes in a shallow glass pan and toss with 2 Tbsp vinaigrette. Bake 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool. Toss spinach leaves with remaining dressing and croutons in a large serving bowl. Top with marinated vegetables and serve.
Source: 5 A Day